mdsa rules and guidelines
1. Your age will be determined as the day of the pageant. Proof of age should be available upon request.
2. This is a fair competition judged by qualified judges. All decisions are final.
3. There will be no refunds of entry fees or ad fees, or tickets, under any circumstances.
4. The pageant staff and directors will not accept responsibility for any typographical errors or omissions in the program book.
5. The prize package will be given out at the conclusion of the pageant. If you are crowned the winner you must stay for photographs or you will not receive your prize package.
6. All questions concerning rules, guidelines or any other pageant information should be directed to the pageant office (973) 668-6726. Correct information cannot be obtained from any other source.
7. All contestants must give the pageant permission to use their photographs and video footage for publicity purposes in connection with the pageant.
8. All paperwork, entry fees, photos and ad pages are subject to deadlines and due dates. Any contestant who fails to meet the proper deadlines and/or due dates will be ineligible to compete. No refunds will be permitted. All payments are to be made to AMB Dance Theatre.
9. The pageant staff is not responsible for any accident, injury or loss during the pageant.
10. Good sportsmanship is essential during competition. The pageant staff will not tolerate any behavior that will in any way tarnish the reputations of the contestants and/or the pageant. If any contestant, parent or guest of a contestant doesn’t conduct themselves in a proper manner or disrupts the pageant in any way, at any time, it will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiting of all prizes, fees, titles, awards, etc.
11. The pageant asks that the parents and audience members refrain from the use of tobacco and alcoholic beverages in and around the event area.
12. There will be a contract to sign for both state and national winners. MDSA has a no compete clause, encourage our winners to compete in other competitions.
13. No information will be given out concerning who is competing in the pageant or how many contestants are entered. The only way to fairly conduct this type of competition, for everyone involved, is not releasing any information. Thank you for your cooperation in this manner.
14. Anyone arriving late for competition line up during the pageant or going over the time limits will be subject to point deductions from each judge.
15. The pageant staff reserves the right to use their discretion when selecting and accepting contestants for any Miss Diamond Shine America Pageant. Any contestant who has displayed poor sportsmanship at a past pageant or any other pageant may not be accepted as a contestant in the Miss Diamond Shine America Pageant.
16. Failure to comply with the rules and guidelines will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiting of all prizes, fees, titles, awards, etc.
17. Deadlines for Nationals is two weeks before pageant weekend, deposits may be sent via paypal firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add 4% if paying via paypal. Deadlines for state pageants are due one week before the pageant date.
18. You may mail deposits to PO Box 32044 Newark Nj 07102, make payable AMB DANCE THEATRE. Deposits are NON Refundable and NONtransferable to any other event.
19. Cash only at registration. We will not accept any checks during registration.
20. Miss Diamond Shine America Pageant is not responsible for any injuries incurred before, during, or after participation in events.
21. All awards are subject to fulfillment by the awards sponsor, Diamond Shine America Pageant assumes no responsibility for the failure of sponsors to fulfill their commitment.
22. All state winners are required to compete at the national pageant. Failure to do so will result in immediate withdrawal of state title and all prizes, and cash awards.